Showcase of artists from MAV's music programs featuring performances from:
• Ethio-jazz, reggae and dancehall power force Nhatty Man & The Lalibelas
• Hip hop and urban beats from 9 artists from the Producers’ Lounge Project
• West Papuan rhythms and harmonies from Black Orchid Stringband
• Hazaragi poetry and soundscapes from Lapkat ft. Farkhonda Akbar
• Persian vocalist Saharnaz Kia
• Plus live beats, soundscapes and spoken word from budding producers and poets
This showcase launches four new albums from Visible, a music mentoring program giving a kick start to emerging and professional musicians from refugee and asylum seeker communities; ReMastered Myths that brings together artists from diverse musical and cultural backgrounds to collaborate over a series of creative development sessions to devise new material; Producers Lounge for young emerging producers from culturally diverse backgrounds to develop skills in production under the guidance of respected artist and producer Mohamed Komba (a.k.a Momo, Diafrix); and Common Ground, an inter-faith spoken word program exploring the role faith and identity play in our everyday.
To be released on multiculturalartsvic.bandcamp.com and multiculturalarts.com.au.
Tickets: $10 (on the door or $8.50 presale at johncurtinhotel.com)